With Summer on it’s way my rhubarb patch is in full swing! Yay! I had some oranges in the fruit bowl so decided to whip up a yummy rhubarb and orange slice. It’s a delicious combination!
Rhubarb and Orange Slice
130gm butter softened
3/4 cup caster sugar
3 eggs beaten
Zest of 1 Orange
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cornflour
200g rhubarb finely diced rhubarb (about 1cm)
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F). Grease and line a 23cm square cake tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, beating after each one
- Beat in the vanilla and zest
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix in until mixture is smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the cake tin and smooth out flat with a palette knife.
- Toss cornflour with the rhubarb and scatter over the top of the batter. Lightly press the rhubarb into the mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until firm and golden brown. Leave to cool slightly then turn out to cool on a wire rack.