Well, it’s Easter weekend so I couldn’t resist baking some Easter Biscuits to have with our morning coffee. Traditionally these are biscuits that would be given as gits on Easter Sunday. These biscuits are as easy to whip together as something like a scone, and are delicious! This recipe makes about 30 biscuits.
2 C flour
1 t baking powder
½ C sugar
¼ C currants
¼ t cinnamon
¼ t grated lemon rind
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Cut in butter until it resembles find bread crumbs.
- Add sugar, currants, cinnamon and lemon rind.
- Lightly beat egg. Add to dry ingredients, mixing to form a stiff dough.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured board. Roll out to 4mm thickness. Cut rounds using a 7 cm scone or biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits on a greased oven tray. Bake at 180oC for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Either dust with suger as soon as they come out of the oven, or dust with icing sugar when serving.